Navigation Menu

Tokyo Luxey: Fairydrops Platinum Mascara Waterproof [Goodie Bag Review]


Recently, I was invited to be one of TOKYO LUXEY'S Luxey and during our meetup, I was given a goodie bag full of makeup products from Japan.



Among the items in the bag, I found a really awesome product that is (in my own opinion) the best mascara for Singapore's climate!

Fairydrops Platinum Mascara Waterproof


Manufactured in Japan to the highest of standards, its luxurious formulas are infused with Squalane, Jojoba Seed Oil, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Collagen & Sodium Hyaluronate to condition, nourish & protect. There is no clumping or flaking, and fibers bind along the length of your lashes to create volume, definition and extreme length. You will notice the difference, and everyone else will too!

To Use:
Begin with the middle ball at the top of the arch. Gently wiggle back and forth at the base of your lashes to catch, then rotate inwards as you draw straight up from root to tip in one continuous stroke.Use the tip to precisely define and extend target areas. Waterproof formula requires a quality oil-based cleanser to remove.

VERDICT

Texture: Fiber and volume-increasing wax, for extreme length and volume.




Ingredients: Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Beeswax, Synthetic Wax, Dextrin Palmitate, Paraffin, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Octyldodecyl Isostearate, Copernicia Cerifera(Carnauba)Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera(Candelilla)Wax Extract, Petrolatum, Nylon-66, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Squalane, Simmondsia Chinensis(Jojoba)Seed Oil, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Butylene Glycol, Water, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides, Talc, Silica, Titanium Dioxide

Benefits: 5 treatment essences protect and nourish; Keeps lashes curled all day long; Provides extreme length and volume; Curved brush allows you to reach all of your lashes at once; Formulated WITHOUT Sulfates, Synthetic Fragrances, Synthetic-dyes, Phthalates, GMOs, Triclosan.

Smell: To my nose, the scent reminds me chocolate (Haha!) But, the scent isnt obvious.

Product Rating: 10/10

Oh boy, I love this mascara.. Where do I start!

Firstly, I like how the 3-sphere brush design catches my lashes and it really does help make application easier (Especially when you are rushing for time) because it is curved to match the natural shape of our eyes!
Secondly, I have stick-straight, ultra-stubborn, slightly long lashes that refuses to curl nicely. I once did a photoshoot where the makeup artist had a tough time getting my lashes to curl and not stray that the client requested to trim my lashes shorter at the outer corners so that stray strands dont look that obvious. I cried a little inside, I think the makeup artist also felt bad. Luckily, they grew out. With this mascara, I was surprised by its curling power! Not only did it helped keep my lashes nicely curled after a few pumps with a lash curler and 2 application of this mascara, it also stayed up for the whole day!


Thirdly, this waterproof formula is really powerful! I was amazed that despite wearing them out for the whole day in our hot and humid dry spell season, it doesnt smudge! Now, if only I can find an eyeliner that does the same, then I will have no panda eyes! However, that being said, because it is waterproof~ it takes a little bit more effort to remove them. For me, I use Heroine Make Mascara Remover to remove them :) (Works like magic)

 Fourthly, this waterproof formula is infused with fibers that provide extreme lenth, volume and definition but doesnt create the weird spider legs effect (You know what I mean) that some of the fibre-mascara usually do. Because my lashes are quite long on its own, I tend to build up the volume instead by wiggling the wand at the base of my lashes and I really like that it does create volume that looks very natural without clumping!

Lastly, it is f
ormulated WITHOUT Sulfates, Synthetic Fragrances, Synthetic-dyes, Phthalates, GMOs, Triclosan! If I am to apply a product so close to my eyes, the last thing I want is tons of harmful chemicals in it~ Am I right?! And I have done a quick check on the first 3 ingredients, all within the safe or low range of health concerns. 

And overall, that's why I would give this mascara a 2 thumbs up because Singapore's climate is really very unforgiving to makeup users and it is really rare to find something that works for a long duration of time without smudging!


To find out more about TOKYO LUXEY, go to www.tokyoluxey.com & if you want to sign up as a Luxey like me~ Click here!

0 comments: