Navigation Menu

What's New: ORIGINS Unveils New Discovery Retail Concept in Singapore

  Origins has launched its free standing store in ION recently to cater to today’s consumers who desire more immersive and engaging retail environments, the retail model brings to life the key pillars of the Origins brand through all touch-points of the store while encouraging exploration and discovery. 


The new concept brings to life Origins journey from plant to formula and showcases how Origins Explorer travels around the world to discover natural ingredients and then formulates into high-performance products in the Botanist’s Laboratory. Inspired by the blend of science and 
nature, the Explorer’s Studio and Botanist’s Laboratory are two complementary but distinct areas, 
born to evoke a feeling of well-being and discovery, encouraging a self-guided sensorial experience 
with the brand. 


Explorer’s StudioConsumers embark on the Origins journey with the Explorer. Compelling stories about the discovery, heritage and provenance of Origins rare ingredients are scattered throughout the shelves. The space houses her travel relics featuring white painted wall panels, reclaimed wood shelves antique signs and storage vessels from suitcases to antique mason jars.


Botanist’s Laboratory 

This floor-to-ceiling greenhouse wall evokes a feeling of wonder and an ornate essential oil display brings to life the brand’s iconic sensorial elements.



















I like how the ornate essential oil display illustrates the different essential oils used in the feature products.

Service Innovation 

This new concept is designed to enhance ease of navigation with an immersive, personalized and high-touch overall shopping experience to allow consumers to choose whether they want to explore and experiment on their own or receive a personal consultation from Origins guides with: 


‐ A large communal sink where consumers are invited to relax, engage with the products, discover Origins powerful natural ingredients and indulge an informal skin care consultation. 

‐ A separate display presenting a breadth of Origins signature bath and body products that promote wellness and sensorial relaxation.
‐ The exploratory product sample wall includes rows of glass, candy-store style jars, giving consumers the opportunity to select and test products at home before purchasing.

By encouraging guided exploration and discovery, consumers can test products with highly specified benefits in an engaging retail space that echoes the brand ethos of, “Never Stop Discovering.” 



Free Mini Facial Experience

And to top things off, Origins Singapore offers a mini facial experience for customers who would like to have a beauty retreat!  Simply make an appointment beforehand to enjoy this service for free.

Recommended products for me


I was invited to experience this service and here's my walk-through with what took place:

Skin consultation

To have an idea of my skin type and condition, I was asked to fill in a form and was asked a series of questions about my skin throughout the day, the products I use and etc.


Products Recommendation

Then the Origins Guide who was attending to me proceed to run through all the recommended Origins products for my skin type and lifestyle.

Facial Time

After which, the Origins Guide proceed to remove my makeup, cleanse my skin with the latest Mega-Mushroom Skin-Relief Micellar Cleanser, exfoliate with a scrub before it was time for masks! I like how Origins has termed the use of multiple mask at a time for different areas of the face; Multi-tasking Mask! Because to be honest, that's what I do at home! I use a clay-based mask for my nose, apples of my cheek and chin, and a hydrating mask on my forehead and the sides of my cheeks.



As this is a mini facial experience, the mask was left on my skin for about 5 minutes before it was wiped off and the session was wrapped up with the use of a serum and moisturizer! 

Overall, I think this was a great way to learn and experience the texture and my skin's reaction to the products and the Origin Guide was equipped with the skills and knowledge to answer all of my questions about their product and even ingredients. I even like how she reacted when she found out that I'm using a sunscreen of SPF50 because, yes~ that means the sun protection properties are derived with chemicals rather than physical, so it is technically more harmful.
So, I'm currently trying out their CC cream with SPF20!
I shall write my review in a month's time, so keep an eye out for that.
Here's Origins' Pollution Protection Regimen for the Hazy season!

In the mean time, do visit the new Discovery retail concept model in ION Orchard B3-55/56 and feel free to book yourself an appointment for a Mini Facial experience! It's free and you are not obligated to buy anything that you are not comfortable with after.

0 comments: