Navigation Menu

Jane Iredale Cosmetics [Sponsored Review]

Still interested in using mineral makeup but clueless as to which brand to choose and trust?


Why not give Jane Iredale, a pioneer of mineral makeup a chance?

Jane Iredale (click here for more info on their FB page) is recommended by plastic surgeons and dermatologists throughout the world:



  • Non-comedogenic, will not block pores.
  • All products have been sensitivity tested.
  • Broad-spectrum UVB and UVA protection. UVA tested at High.
  • Anti-inflammatory, helps to calm and soothe irritated skin.
  • Very water resistant rating by an FDA-approved lab.
  • Complete coverage for skin conditions like acne, rosacea and redness following treatments like chemical peels and laser resurfacing.
  • Contains no talc or parabens.
  • Composed of inert minerals that cannot support bacteria.
  • No products have been tested on animals. Animal Cruelty Free.

  • I was given the opportunity to try out their product first hand by the local distributor of Jane Iredale and I was invited over to their main office to have a colour testing session with Ivy, Makeup Artist/ Trainer.




    During my session with Ivy, she went through a systematic process of the application of each products that I have complied into my very first video:






    Products used and their review

    Absence® Oil Control Primer



    Texture: Feels really smooth and light weight

    Benefits: Controls oil and conceals large pores while priming the skin for makeup application; Non-drying and pH balancing

    Smell: Flowery, fruity scent

    Product Rating: 3/10

    This product is similar to DrFeelGood and Porefessional. I am not really a big fan of this product, or of products with Silica or Silicone Powder; mostly because my skin does not react that well with this particular ingredient. I tend to end up with "mini bumps" the next day or if I wear it long enough, by the end of the day. However, if your skin is fine with the ingredients, you would find that it acts pretty well as a primer.



    Dream Tint® - SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer in Medium Light



    Coverage: Sheer but buildable

    Texture: Feels slightly oily before blending but the sensation disappears after skin absorption

    Benefits: Unique algae extracts moisturize and soothe; SPF 15 with UVA protection (recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation); acts as a tinted moisturizer and sunscreen or as primer for the mineral bases

    Smell: Flowery, fruity scent

    Product Rating: 6/10

    Great for those lazy days where you want to use as less makeup as possible, while still protecting your skin from the sun's harmful rays. I didnt really like initial oily sensation and the scent of this product, but latter factor is up to individual.


    Used with Blending Brush


    Made with a unique combination of natural goat hair and Taklon fiber

    Texture: Stiff but soft
    Product Rating: 6/10

    Works well in product distribution and blending but somehow it does shed a little.





    Coverage: Solid. Buildable

    Texture: Creamy but blends away into a matt finish

    Benefits: Concealer containing conditioners such as jojoba esters and avocado oil, both high in vitamins A, C, D and E; Contains green tea extract, a potent antioxidant; good for neutralizing blue circles

    Smell: Slight flowery, fruity scent

    Product Rating: 7/10

    One of my favourite concealers in my collection, it works in minimizing my super obvious dark circles (although nothing can be done to my eye bags). It is comforting to know that this concealer contains vitamins and antioxidant to help hydrate and nourish the skin surrounding my eyes, plus despite its creamy texture, no signs of milia seeds or any "mini bumps". However, it does crease a little if too much of the product is used.


    Used with Camouflage Brush



    Made of Taklon Nylon.

    Texture: Soft and gentle
    Product Rating: 7/10

    Bristles are soft and gentle but regular maintenance is required to prevent the bristles from fraying, which will affect the smooth application of products.


    Disappear™ with Green Tea Extract in Medium




    Coverage: Solid. Buildable

    Texture: Slightly creamy but blends away into a matt finish

    Benefits: Concealer containing green tea extract,documented to combat acne bacteria; Promotes faster healing time for pimples; Nourishes with seaweed extract; contains copper-containing protein enzymes that decompose free radicals

    Smell: Hardly any scent

    Product Rating: 9/10

    I love this concealer, it really does help to calm any blemishes that I have and it is quite pigmented to provide me with a good coverage. Although, I am not really a fan of the application tip. I am sort of a clean freak when it comes to makeup and I get pretty annoyed to see product accumulating at the tip after multiple application, but the tip does make application, fuss-free, if you dislike the use of too many brushes.



    PurePressed® Base Mineral Foundation - SPF 20 in Golden Glow



    Coverage: Sheer but buildable; semi matt mineral powder

    Texture: Feels like nothing! Totally weightless.

    Benefits: No nano particle size; UVA/UVB SPF 20 broad-spectrum sun protection (recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation); No oil, talc, dyes and parabens; water-resistant and highly pigmented; A foundation, powder, concealer and sunscreen all in one

    Smell: A really light scent that I cant define.

    Product Rating: 9/10

    With the compact made from recycled aluminium, I thought this product couldn't surprise me any further until I tried it on. I could see the difference after application yet not feel it. On lazy days, this product is a dream. Its coverage is good to the extent of covering my old scars without weighing my skin down.

    It was also comforting to know that despite the use of Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide (in regards to the controversy that these ingredients are toxic when they are in nano size forms and when inhaled), the particle size are within the "safe" range. But as a measure of practice, I always hold my breath when I powder my face regardless if I am using a brush, a sponge or a puff or if it is a foundation, loose powder or blush.


    Used with The Handi Brush


    A hand-tied goat hair brush

    Texture: Ultra soft and dense
    Product Rating:10/10

    I love this! It picks up products effectively and distribute it evenly to give a flawless finish.



    PurePressed® Blush in Parfait




    Coverage: Subtle but buildable

    Texture: Powder base, feels like nothing when applied

    Benefits: Free of chemical dyes and potentially irritating ingredients; Formulated with nourishing minerals

    Smell: Hint of pomegranate

    Product Rating: 9/10

    To sum up: If you are looking for a blush that will make you blush naturally, THIS is it.



    PureMoist™ LipColours




    Coverage: Dependent on shades but it is quite packed with pigments.

    Texture: Moisturizing

    Benefits: No FD&C dyes or synthetic preservatives; Contains moisturizing formula and antioxidants

    Smell: Minty vanilla

    Product Rating: 7/10

    I dont really like the smell of this product but it is quite long-lasting and it truly does keep my lips soft and smooth with the right hint of colour, unlike most lipsticks that leave me with dry flaky lips by mid day.


    Balance Antioxidant Hydration Spray




    Benefits: Help balance the skin's oil production and pH; packed full of ingredients that help to battle free radical and microbial damage; Seaweed extracts help to reduce sebaceous hypersecretion and regulate the pH of the skin; Contains green tea extract, proven to aid acne-prone skin

    Smell: Clean refreshing zesty scent

    Product Rating: 8/10

    I love the smell of this product! It has multiple uses too: to set makeup; to wet brushes to make liners; spritz as a moisturizer for oily skin; to control hair static.


    Final Comparison


    With makeup

    Without makeup ( only lipstick)



    After looking at my own comparison, I can understand why Jane Iredale was so bold and daring in their advertisement. Their products really do help people achieve results. This is the image I was talking about in my video.



    Swatches of products mentioned


    Mini controversy with the use of Silica and Silicone Powder

    I once spoke to someone inside the beauty industry who revealed a mini secret that most of the big and small cosmetic brands uses plastic powder in their anti-aging/ pore minimization cosmetic products to fake the desired result and to me, I think that is harmful to our skin. But my thoughts are my own and there ingredients are given a name due to its structure but it can be derived from various sources, so I consulted the very people who works in Jane Iredale to get a balanced debate.


    But ultimately, I trust my skin more than what people tell me. If it reacts negatively to a product for a period of time, I will stay clear from it and vice verse. I do count no reaction as a positive reaction too, because it means that the product is not disturbing the PH balance of my skin or causing any discomfort to cause a breakout. Makes sense right?

    What do you think?

    1 comment:

    1. Hi so where can we purchase or test their samples of JI products in Singapore?

      ReplyDelete