Navigation Menu

Tuning Back To Nature: Cleansing Powder & Mask

A while back, approximately 1 month ago, I attended the workshop on How to Detoxify Your Skincare hosted by Green Living at the Handmade Movement Fair and made my purchase of their Cleansing Powder & Mask at their booth.


It came in a paper bag but based on Militza's suggestion, I transferred mine into a mini glass container to use and the rest in the bag away from moisture.


So what exactly is this Cleansing Powder made of???

Well, it is mostly made out from powdered oats and milk powder with a blend of organic seaweed and herbs, everything natural and can be found in your kitchen... if you cook... if not~ the supermarket!

I love the fact that for once, I can finally understand what ingredient am I slapping on my face.

And I did my own research on the benefits of each ingredient:

Oats- serves as a natural exfoliating agent; possesses anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-itch properties

Milk/ Milk powder- soothes and nourishes the skin; helps hydrate, alleviate redness, and prevents irritated skin; contains lactic acid that sloughs away dead skin cells and encourage turnover of new skin cell

Seaweed- packed with vitamins, minerals, trace elements, and amino acids; helps slow the aging skin process while protecting it from the harsh environmental elements; contains fatty acids to combat skin irritation and inflammation; rich in vitamins and minerals

Fennel-  great source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants; reduce inflammation; antiseptic; helps to cleanse and tone skin; helps to firm skin and reduce the excess production of sebum, reducing the occurrence of acne


So all in all, it sounds beneficial! 
The next part of it is getting used to using it on my skin.

How to use?

You will need wet the powder to use it. You can mix it on your palm but I prefer to mix it in a bowl~




This relies heavily on estimation, but I use rough 1 1/2 teaspoon for my entire face and decollete.


The next step took me a while to master and that is adding the right amount of water to the powder so that it becomes a paste. My advice is to add drip by drip. Now I can do this within 3 seconds.  I add roughly 5 drops of water to it and mix with my fingers, then I leave it for the mixture to sit while I brush my teeth.


Finally, wet your face and apply the mixture all over while avoiding the eye areas. Gently massage onto skin and rinse off after that. Or leave it on for 5-10 mins as a mask and rinse off after. Tone and moisturize as usual.


It is normal to feel a slight creamy film over the skin after rinsing it off properly. I have been using this method of cleansing in the morning for 1 month and I got to say that my skin seems to be accepting it. 
No negative reaction!

As for my night routine, I have yet to find something truly natural to help me wash off my makeup and sunblock but I'm searching~

0 comments: