Navigation Menu

Athenia: Green Tea Scrub [Sponsored Review]

One of the things I feel as a Singaporean is that we tend to neglect our well being with our busy hectic lifestyle. When I was studying and working in Australia, I often took off time to take a walk along the river and indulge in simple beauty ritual.

And now, talking about scrubs... I wonder how often how many of us scrubs ourselves.
We often neglect how beneficial something as simple as scrubbing can do to our health.

Firstly, scrubbing helps to shed dead skin cells, which can help improve skin texture and cell renewal.

Secondly, the action of scrubbing helps to increase circulation to skin, encouraging your body’s discharge of metabolic wastes, which greatly aids the lymphatic drainage of the entire body. When the body rids itself of toxins, it is able to run more efficiently in all areas.

As my search for truly natural beauty products, I recently was given an opportunity to review some products from Charis Naturals! The first product I have is this Green Tea Scrub by Athenia.

For other variation of Athenia's scrubs, go to Charis Naturals Facebook page or website!







The synergistic blend of green tea leaves with lotus seeds rejuvenates the skin and is especially beneficial for inflammatory skin conditions such as Rosacea, and eczema. Green tea also exterts sun damage protection by quenching free radicals, and has anti-ageing properties.


It comes in the pretty little brown box and the scrub is contained in a wax sealed up glass bottle.

Break and scratch off the seal to open.


To Use:

Mix a few tablespoons with warm water and stir till you get a consistent paste texture. For variations, you may also mix the mask with rose water, your favorite flower water or fresh yogurt. Leave on skin to dry for 15 to 30 minutes and rinse off with circular motion.





VERDICT

Texture: Very fine grains, akin to fine sand.

Ingredients: Red rice, white rice, soy bean, green tea leaves, lotus seed, patchouli leaves, curcuma.

Benefits: Anti-ageing properties; Rejuvenates the skin and is especially beneficial for inflammatory skin; Rich in antioxidants, which help protect the body from free radicals.

Smell: To my nose, it has a scent of honey!

Cost: $29 for 100g

Product Rating: 8/10

I love the fact that the grains of the scrub is really very fine. In fact, it has one of the finest grains I have ever tried. Recently, after CNY, my legs are starting to sprout back its hairs, ingrown hairs are a common problem for hairy people like me. After using the scrub and focusing on my legs, it got rid of my ingrown almost completely! Furthermore, I love the fact that the ingredients are natural and because it comes in its powdered form, there isnt any use of harmful ingredients or preservatives. Users just have to ensure to keep it away from moisture!


However, I gave it a 8 rating because of the slight hassle it will post to most people to prepare the scrub to use it and because I find that on its own, despite being wonderfully exfoliating, it doesnt have any moisturising properties. That being said, the simple solution for it, is to mix the scrub with a few drops of oils like olive, jojoba or almond or as Charis Naturals posted on their website, fresh yogurt! I tried it out with 1 tablesppon of almond oil to my mixture of the scrub and I can't stop touching my skin! Hahaha! Yes, I am so close to being a narcissistic.

To purchase or find out more about this product, click here!

0 comments: