Navigation Menu

Red Apple Lipstick: Gluten Free Eyeliner Pencil & Firefly Lipstick [Sponsored Review]

A few weeks back, I received a lovely package from Red Apple Lipstick!


Package Contained:
Firefly Lipstick
Gluten Free Eyeliner Pencil
A sample of Vouge Lipstick
& The pouch it came with!



So what is Red Apple Lipstick?


I love the fact that more and more of such safer beauty products are popping up around the globe!
Red Apple Lipstick's Products are free from:

Paraben 

Click here to read my post on Paraben under Ingredients to Avoid!

Red Apple Lipstick's solution to avoid the use of Paraben is to make smaller batches with safer ingredients that can help preserve their product naturally for around 1.5 Years if unopened.

Not a long stretch compared to products with paraben in them, but 1.5 years without the risk of cancer, is a way better alternative for me!


Gluten


For the people who are sensitive to Gluten,
Red Apple Lipsticks are your holy grail~


Lead



Did you know: Lead is a neurotoxin and can be dangerous even at small doses...
And most of the lipsticks out there contain lead in them?
So you are actually consuming it in small tiny dosage with every pout.
Enuff said for Lead.

Animal Cruelty

Why torture another being for my beauty, right?

~~~

So, I was really honored and glad to get my hands on Red Apple Lipstick's products!






Mineral Eye Liner

This eyeliner is designed without the yucky ingredients that cause allergic reactions and watery, puffy, itchy, red eyes.



VERDICT


Texture: 
Soft, Creamy, Glides on easily

Ingredients: 
Helianthus annus (Sunflower) seed oil, Synthetic Bees Wax, Copernicia Cerifera Wax, Rhus Succedanea Fruit Wax, GF Tocopheryl Acetate, Mica, Iron Oxides


Benefits:

  • Moisturizing and smooth 
  • Gluten Free 
  • Paraben Free 
  • Fragrance Free 
  • Nut/Tree Nut Free 
  • Corn Free 
  • Soy Free 
  • Toxin Free

Cost: USD$23
Product Rating:
 6/10

I love that this product is natural and is made of safe ingredients, especially since it is something I put very very close to my eyes~ I also like that it is pigmented and the simple fact that it glides on easily.

However, I didnt like that it isnt smudge-proof. In a weather as hot and humid as Singapore, this eyeliner starting smudging in less than 1 hour and I ended up with raccoon eyes! Hahaha~ That's a big nono for me :(

So now, I use it as a base for smokey look~ works and last longer for smokey eye makeup!

~~~

Now, as for lipsticks~





I have always been the kind who loves the classic red lip look, but this time round~
I decided to try out something new with an orange shade!



So, I got this Red Apple Lipstick in the shade of Firefly!

Firefly is a soft tangerine orange with a hint of golden sparkle.


VERDICT


Texture: Moisturizing, Easy to apply

Ingredients: Helianthus Annus - 100% pure organic cold pressed, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii, Synthetic Beeswax, All Natural Gluten Free - Soy Free - Corn Free Vitamin E Tocopheryl Acetate, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide ,Manganese Violet, Mica, Iron Oxide


Benefits:
  • Gluten Free
  • Paraben Free
  • Fragrance Free
  • Nut/Tree Nut Free
  • Corn Free
  • Soy Free
  • Toxin Free

Cost: 
USD$23.50
Product Rating: 
10/10


It's made of safe ingredients, to the extent that it smells like carrots to me!
It can be worn on sheer or pigmented, depending on how many layers you apply~

It's affordable!
It's moisturizing but feels light on my lips.
And it last relatively long on its own!

Everything I look for in a lipstick! Love it!



Shop here at Red Apple Lipstick for Lead Free Lipsticks!

0 comments: