Navigation Menu

Films At The Fort: A night watching The Great Beauty




This is how it always ends. With death. 
But first there was life, hidden beneath the blah, blah, blah...
It's all settled beneath the chitter chatter and the noise, silence and sentiment, emotion and fear. 
The haggard, inconstant flashes of beauty. And then the wretched squalor and miserable humanity.
All buried under the cover of the embarrassment of being in the world, blah, blah, blah... 
Beyond there is what lies beyond. And I don't deal with what lies beyond.
Therefore... let this novel begin. After all... it's just a trick. Yes, it's just a trick.
-From The Great Beauty



I had a pretty interesting Saturday evening, spent on yummy food~ great company and a really powerful movie (it was for me). It's my first time watching a movie outdoor, under the stars. It seems like my date is determined to create experiences that are unique on its own... for which, I am grateful for :)


It's not the first time someone cooks for me (bless my brother's interest in cooking) but as always, it makes me happy every time when I'm fed :) Thank you for the meal and for washing the dishes!


 I was surprised by the number of people turning up!
How is it that I didn't know that there are such events when all these people do!
Imma Failed Singaporean. Haha!


I read up on the synopsis of the movie beforehand and saw a quick trailer of it before heading down to the movie. And, while I was aware of the main story line.. it didnt prepare me for the emotions that I felt after the movie. 


I had a tear in my eye when the credits roll. It's not a sad movie. I think this movie will only speak volume to people who has been through the downs of life and reflected on it.

But generally, I think the most powerful scene was the moment this lines were delivered:

Madam, I took a vow of poverty.
And you can't talk about poverty... 
You have to live it.

The way the lines were delivered... I stopped breathing for a while.




In the end, it's one of those power movies that makes you reflect on life...
I like movies like this.

It was a great night!

0 comments: