Navigation Menu

My Beauty Diary: Dark Circles Intensive Care Eye Mask [Goodie Bag Revie]

 A week back, I was invited to the New Sample Store Launch Event at the Fullhouse Signature Cafe and bumped into my beauty bloggers buddies!


In the goodie bag that I got, there were My Beauty Diary products which has been quite a hype in Taiwan and I decided that I should put them to the test.

So I decided to target one of my major beauty woes... my chronic dark circles with My Beauty Diary's Dark Circles Intensive Care Eye Mask!


My Beauty Diary Dark Circles Intensive Care Eye Mask Containing a blend of vitamins and plant extracts that provides a solution to dark circles and tired eyes. With its intensive treatment to the eye area, it helps to achieve perfect looking eye contours. The innovatively shaped eye masks allow full coverage around the eye.

To Use:

After cleansing and toning, first secure the eye mask at the outer corner of the eye. Then gently apply towards the inner corner of the eye. Remove after 10-15 mins and gently massage the essence into skin with fingertips until it is fully absorbed.
No rinsing is required.
Follow the regular eye care routine to seal in the nourishment.
Use 2-3 times a week after a night out or when needed.

VERDICT



Texture: Comes in a unique fish shaped sheet mask that is moist enough for the duration of usage before drying up. Doesn't drip.

Smell: Has a mixture of scents, mostly the scent of Licorice Root and a hint of the rest of the floral ingredients



Benefits:
Reduces skin pigmentation, boosts circulation and restores healthy-looking eyes.
Helps to brighten and eliminates dullness
Evens out skin tone and relieves eye fatigue

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Glycirrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Steareth-20, Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Aesulus Hippcastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Palmitoyl, Tetra Peptide-7, Dipotassium Glyccyrhizate, Clorphenesin, Triethanolamine, Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Polyglutamic Acid, Palmitoyl oligopeptide, Centella Asiatica Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Gentiana Lutea Root Extract, Dipeptide-2, Sodium Ascorbate Phosphate, Niacinamide, Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, N-Hydroxusccinimide, Chrysin, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhzate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Citris Medica Limonum (Lemon Peel) Ectract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract, Saccharum Oficinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Carbomer, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, 3-o-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Penthanol, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Citric Acid, Xantham Gum, Sodium Hydoxide.

Product Rating: 7.5/10

I like the unique design of the eye mask, it is something different and it coves and hugs the eye contours well. I  did a quick search of the top 6 ingredients and they all seem relatively safe but do indicate that a few of the ingredients may irritate the skin (if you have sensitive skin) or the eyes.

Personally, I had this on for a good 10 minutes before it felt a little itchy around my eyes because I have sensitive skin. I would also recommend closing your eyes and relax on your bed while you have this on as supposed to doing things with your eyes open as it did seem to cause my eyes to tear a little.



That being said, after 10 minutes, I did see a slight brightening effect. As instructed, I didn't rinse the product off and went to sleep with it. I didn't like that it feels sticky on my skin but once it was fully absorbed and dried off, it left a typical eye cream sensation on my skin.


The most obvious improvement is after waking up in the morning (with 7 hours of sleep), my dark circles are less obvious which is awesome~ and kind of unexpected! So on the whole, this really does work but there is a cause for concern if you have sensitive skin. Stop immediately if there are any discomfort (itchy or burning sensation).

0 comments: