Navigation Menu

bSoul Skin Care: Hydra-Normalization Kit [Sponsored Review]

Years ago, when I was going through puberty, I had acne and I went through lots of different treatments and products in my battle against it. I started to notice that the harsher the treatment is, the weaker my skin became, even though it was quite effective.

I think it's the reason why I have uneven skin (skin tacs) and a rather sensitive skin type.

When Meditrina contacted me to review bSoul products, bSoul's belief piqued my interest.
bSoul believes that "Skin Physiological Normalization" is the key to healthy skin, which is a fancy way of saying that their products aims to create the ideal balanced condition for our skin.




They also pride themselves for being 100% skin-friendly and eco-friendly, which is why bSoul products do NOT have the following:
· Mineral Oil
· Petroleum products (Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, ecc.)
· Dimethicone e Silicones generally
· Polyisobutene hydrogenated ( Isoparaffin)
· Petrolatum
· Paraffinum
· Alkyl
· Acryl
· PEG Substances of animal origin
· SLES (Sodium Laureth Sulfate)
· Parabens

 From my own research, this brand ticks off the "yes"s in my list, so I replied them and got their Hydra-Normalization Kit to test out. The kit contains 4 full sized products that I will reviewing below!


Hydra-milk Cleanser


This is a cleansing emulsion with argan oil, rosa moschata,extracts of rosemary, sage, thyme and natural surfactants. It cleanses physiologically respecting the hydro-lipoprotein film of the skin.

To Use:
Use hydra-milk cleanser at night to remove make-up (even around the delicate eye area) and in the morning to thoroughly cleanse the skin before applying bSoul home care products. Massage the cleanser over the face, neck and eye area and rinse thoroughly with water. It can also be used by men for shaving.

VERDICT

Texture: Milky, light consistency

Smell: Floral Scent

Ingredients:


Cost: $48
Product Rating: 7/10

Showing you how this cleanser emulsify when moisten.
I am not a fan or hater of this cleanser, it works well as a morning cleanser. I was told that it can be used to remove light makeup, but I feel like it's insufficient so I use a makeup remover beforehand and wash everything off with the cleanser instead. This doesn't leave my skin feeling tight after wash but sometimes, I do feel a slight burning sensation on my skin. So, I would recommend people with sensitive skin to do a test pact before using. 

A quick search on the top ingredients used, shows that the ingredients are derived from plants and are of either safe or low risk rating.  





I like that the cleanser comes in a pump bottle and with its unique pump nozzle, there is no wastage or spillage. It is also great that it's 100ml so I can bring it along for travel.










Hydra-face scrub 3Action



Hydra-face scrub 3Action is a delicate scrub with jojoba, aloe and bicarbonate to normalize and regenerate cell turnover, and restore the protective barrier of the skin.

To Use:
Apply the right quantity of product and massage gently on face and neck for 1-3 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with water. It is suggested to use the scrub at least once every 15 days, up to a maximum of 3 times a week.

VERDICT

Texture: Grainy with a milky consistency when moisten, beads will break down as you massage

Smell: Light floral/ baking powder scent

Ingredients:



Cost: $138
Product Rating: 9/10

Out of the 4 products, this is one of my favourite! I love it when scrub beads are not made of plastic, and when they can actually break down as I scrub. I've got to say that this is one of the most gentle yet effective scrubs I have ever used! 

See how the beads "melts" away!

It leaves my skin feeling soft and even though, it does make my skin feel a little tight... it works beautifully at keeping the blackheads around my nose small (I think it's impossible for them to be completely gone in a climate like Singapore). This scrub comes in a pumped bottle too and I am really loving how this packaging helps to keep the product free from contamination and helps to prevent wastage!


The thing that bugs me the most is the cost of this scrub, considering that it is mostly sodium bicarbonate aka baking soda, it's a little pricey but it's a good thing that a little goes a long way for this.


Redness-sinergy Serum



Redness-sinergy is a serum with a very high functional ingredients concentration, suitable for redness and fragile skin. It stimulates the skin’s defense mechanism against oxidative stress. Suitable for all skin type.

To Use:
Apply once/twice a day by sector or all over the face, neck and décolleté previously cleansed with hydra-milk cleanser. Massage gently until the product has been completely absorbed, and then apply bSoul face cream. Redness-sinergy serum can be used alone or in combination with bSoul Sinergy line serum: chrono, photo and uniform.

VERDICT

Texture: Very light consistency, gets absorbed well

Smell: Sweet floral scent

Ingredients:


Cost: $138

Product Rating: 9/10


I love this serum! It has a super light consistency, gets absorbed super fast and leaves behind no stickiness. I use this for day and night to help ease any tightness from cleansing. It works well with makeup too because it dries off matte and smooth, so my makeup goes on smoothly with no sticky feeling.

The only drawback is that it takes awhile for this serum to show some results for my skin, I can hardly notice any obvious reduction of redness but I do noticed that it does help to heal my sunburns (even though it stings a little upon application).






Hydra-Comfort Face Cream



A soft and pleasant cream with a delicate and natural fragrance. Immediately restores hydration, strengthening the skin’s defences against external agents and preventing skin aging while providing comfort, radiance and softness. Effective antioxidant action. Suitable for all skin types, even the most sensitive and delicate.

To Use:
Apply the cream 1 or 2 times daily on the face, neck and décolleté area previously cleansed with hydra-milk and gently massage until completely absorbed.

VERDICT

Texture: Thick cream
Smell: Sweet floral scent
Ingredients:


Cost:$110
Product Rating: 7/10

Same with the cleanser, I'm not a fan or hater of this cream, but I do find it to be a little rich for day use so I only use this for night. It takes a while to be completely absorbed but when it does, it dries off almost non-sticky.


I'm not a fan of this packaging, I would prefer it to be in a pumped bottle or a squeeze tube for hygienic reason and ease of use. I never know how much I should really use... 


OVERALL EXPERIENCE

Before using  the products, I was told to give this range a decent amount of time for visible improvements and that it's common to experience breakouts during the "teething" phase.

I started the first week using bSoul Hydra-Normalization Kit with the recommendation given: 2 pumps of Hydra-Milk Cleanser (day & night) for normal cleansing and for makeup removal, 2 pumps of Hydra-Milk Cleanser (massaging until the makeup dissolve) that will be tissued off and and followed by another 2 pumps for cleansing before rinsing off and to finish the routine with Hydra-Comfort Face Cream for day & night.

For week 2, I included Hydra-Face Scrub 3Action into the routine. I used it for every odd day of the week. During this period, I had my period and started breaking out a little.

For week 3, I added the Redness-sinergy serum to the routine using it for day & night. I stopped using the Hydra-Comfort Face cream for day use. I still had some blemishes and there are redness on both cheeks.



By the 4th week, the condition of my skin improved. There are lesser blemishes and my skin is not as inflamed and irritated as it was during the second and third weeks but there are still redness on the cheeks.

5 weeks in, here's how my skin looks like:


There are still breakouts occurring, but the redness is reduced and some of my pigmented scars have faded.

I would recommend this range to ladies 25 years and above, because this range would be more ideal to skin conditions that are past puberty and entering into the phase for anti-aging care. Moreover, the price range would be decent for working ladies too.

Despite the decent rating I gave for the individual products, I was honestly expecting a lot more from this range. I will probably have to give this range a little more time to see more improvements, if any, but after 5 weeks, I guess I would rate my experience with bSoul with an average rating.

That being said, I really do love that bSoul embraces and aims to promote healthy skin condition with their products rather than quick beauty with artificial ingredients that only provides temporary effects.

What do you like?
Quick temporary beauty or beauty that matures gracefully?

0 comments: