Navigation Menu

HKCPlaza: Velieve DD Cream SPF40 PA++ [Sponsored Review]

Hi! Sorry for being away for more than a week, I had a rather spontaneous trip and I wanted a break from my social media life... plus my iphone died on me :(

Ever since 2015 started, I have been busy reviewing skincare products but I've got something new to share today! Yup, new hot news on makeup!

We have all heard of BB cream and even CCs, now~ There's DD Cream! I got the opportunity to put Velieve DD Cream to the test recently and I've got to say that out of all the fancy BB/CC/DD cream, this one is my favourite one so far.




Velieve DD (Definite Defence) Cream is said to be an upgraded "BB cream", that provides superb cover-ups and sufficient hydration, has triple functions (Anti-Wrinkle, Whitening, and SPF40 PA++Sunscreen ) and helps to brighten the apple zone of the face to achieve a younger look!


To Use:

After basic skin care, apply an appropriate amount all over the face

VERDICT

Texture: Cream base, dewy finish, feels like a moisturizer on the skin. 


Smell: Faint Apple Scent

Benefits:
  • Triple Functional Product (certified by KFDA) : Anti-Wrinkle, Whitening, and SPF40 PA++Sunscreen 
  • Superior Cover-ups & Hydration 
  • Waterproof 
  • Uses organic ingredients that are certified by Ecocert

Key Ingredients (I can't seem to find the full list):
Apple Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Matricaria Recubita Extract, Rosemarinus Officinalis Extract, Buddleja Davidi Extract and Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Extract

Cost: $38 (Promotion Price: $26.60, while stock last)

Product Rating: 9.5/10

I was told that the main purpose of this DD cream is to provide a after-filler effect makeup, so this product is great for those who doesnt want to go under the knife or in this case, needle. 

I love that the active ingredients used in this DD cream are organic certified but I'm a little bumped that I can't seem to find the full ingredient list to put my green beauty stamp of absolute approval.

That aside~ Most all BB/CC creams are multi-functional, and so is this DD cream. I was told that besides it being a makeup product, this DD cream contains a high dose of Vitamin C that helps to correct dull skin tone, Sodium Hyaluronate that boost hydration (as it has better ability to penetrate the skin than Hyaluronic Acid due to lower its molecular size) and Adenosine that provides some anti-aging benefits too as it supports healthy cellular activity and is a good anti-inflammatory ingredient!


Previously, I reviewed HKCPlaza's LJH Cellabel M.C. Vital CC Cream and compared to that, this DD Cream actually offers a slightly better coverage and the plus point is that it feels like I have moisturizer on rather than a foundation! It blends pretty well and the coverage can be built up. It leaves a slight glow on the skin, which will help you achieve that dewy korean makeup look. I love that it's light weight and while it makes my skin looks dewy, it doesn't make my skin look oily and I feel like my skin can still "breathe". On a whole, this DD cream last pretty well for me. I can go a whole day with this on, and touching up only my nose and cheeks area.



The only negative thing I have to say about this product is that the colour of it is slightly lighter than my skin tone, so I usually only apply one layer on and touch another layer onto areas that needs a little bit more coverage.


And that's all for my review! I will be doing a series of makeup tutorial soon, so do keep an eye out on that. In the mean time, if you are interested in this DD cream~ Do make use of their promo!

Stay Gorgeous!

0 comments: