Navigation Menu

Pure Tincture: Sukispa Balancing Cosmeceutical Facial [Sponsored Review]

Heyhey!

April has been a hectic month and nothing soothe stress away than a relaxing facial~
And even better?
An Organic Facial Spa at Pure Tincture!


Being a fan of organic/ nature skincare products and with a belief that "less is more",
Pure Tincture checks off my list of the ideal place to go for a facial.
To learn more about Pure Tincture, read my interview with Pure Tincture's Co-Founder here!

Now~ I'm not to sure about you, but for me, hormones affect the condition of my skin greatly. Be it stress or just the time of the month, it shows up on my skin in the forms of pimples, blackheads and whiteheads.  

So what facial treatment did I do?

Sukispa Balancing Cosmeceutical Facial


A gentle yet effective facial to decongest clogged pores, kill bacteria & control oil production leaving the skin soothed, calmed & purified without stripping the skin’s essential moisture. Suki products at professional grade potencies beef up the skin’s immune response to fight future breakouts. Skin feels calm, smooth and clean and softly radiant.
Ideal for combination skin/ acneic skin.

STEPS

Skin Assessment

So the first step involves sitting down with the aesthetician to evaluate the skin type, condition, and personal preference of scent and facial outcomes (relaxing, uplifting, detoxifying).


I was told that I have a combination skin with my cheeks area being dehydrated and that I have a mild sensitive skin. Then I was asked if I like scents and what facial outcomes I would like; I replied yes and I would like something relaxing.

Facial Treatment Recommendation

The second step involves the recommendation of the different types of treatment to do based on the assessment. At this stage, the sequence of the treatment, the products used and the outcomes are explained before the client makes an informed decision.


Two different types of facial treatments were recommended, Sukispa Balancing Cosmeceutical Facial and one of Santaverde Aloe Vera treatments. I decided to go with Suki because I have heard of the brand before and it appealed more to me as I needed my breakouts under control!

Facial

So to start off the facial, I got changed into the robes, got under the blanket and my aesthetician start the whole process in this sequence for my treatment:

First Step: Aroma Therapy
To begin the relaxing experience, my aesthetician used geranium essential oil and this moment to further assess the skin and bond with me to help ease any awkwardness or discomfort.

Second Step: Double Cleansing
After which, she started cleansing my skin with Suki Purifying Foaming Cleanser. There was a slight cooling tingling sensation experienced during this step..

Third Step: Exfoliation
Then using Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser, she did a mild scrub all over my face. I like that she also scrubbed the sides of my mouth and the tip of my nose, places that people generally miss. 

The scrub was cleansed away and using Suki Concentrated Clarifying Toner, she removed any remaining residue for the next exfoliation process. I also noted that it is used between every step from here on wards.

Then, Suki Resurfacing Enzyme peel was used next to deeply cleanse the skin and even out the surface of the skin by treating the upper layer. It is common to feel a stinging sensation, especially on troubled areas.

Forth Step: Steaming
Follow which, steaming was used to soften the skin and aid in skin detoxification through perspiration. This steaming process took about 15 mins.

Fifth Step: Extraction
After a swipe of toner, my aesthetician extracted any visible pimples, blackheads and whiteheads before ending off with the toner again.


Sixth Step: Hydrating and Nourishing of the Skin
To help rebalance the skin's, Suki Even-tone Brightening Serum and Balancing Oil were used in this step along with a therapeutic massage that lasted for 20 mins for both face and shoulder. I fell asleep at this point, it was really relaxing and I absolutely enjoyed it!

Seventh Step:Mask
A paper mask infused with a liquid cream and an organic calming gel from seaweed, was used on me. I was told that this mask aids in hydration, healing, whitening and brightening of the skin. It had a very cooling sensation which was nice and refreshing.


Last Step: Sunblock and Head & Shoulder Massage
To end the whole facial experience, my aesthetician helped me apply some sunblock and finished it off with a head and shoulder massage to bring me back to the present and refresh my senses. I was told that the head & shoulder massage will be done on clients first if they had clay mask on because, the paper mask I had on would have moved with the massage... which wouldnt be nice. Haha!

Makeup Corner


After your facial, you have the option of reapplying your makeup if you have to go back to work or have other appointments for the day. Pure Tincture allows clients the freedom to use their organic makeup product range and if you need help, there is an aesthetician (if she is in) who could help you out, on the house.

VERDICT

Duration: 60 mins or 90 mins. I did the treatment for 90 mins that includes extraction.

Overall Ambiance: Very neat, clean and simple yet cozy.

The washroom is outside, but it is very close by, so it does not pose an issue unless you need to go to the loo mid-treatment.

I like the fact that I can see all the products used, in a glance, and that they are displayed openly for clients to explore and discover.


Cost: $130 for 60 mins, $180 for 90 mins






Effectiveness: I felt relaxed throughout the whole facial, and my skin was radiant after the treatment. I took a before and after close up of my right cheek, 5 days after treatment. From the photo, you can tell that my skin looks more hydrated, pores are less obvious, troubled spots are gone, scars look faint and my skin looks calmer (less red).



Overall, it was a very pleasant experience. My favourite portion of the treatment was during the massaging of Suki Balancing Facial Oil because it was very soothing and I could feel a difference after. It was like beneath the layer of skin, my muscles are less tensed up and the circulation in my face area is smooth. It's hard to explain, but the sensation will be opposite of what it's like when there is congestion in your face. Get it? 


I also love the freedom to do your own makeup with their makeup counter, that houses organic makeup products! I was also told that Pure Tincture offers makeup services, so you can book a slot for makeup if you have an event that requires you to glam up!



Where Can You Find Pure Tincture?



The Adephi, 1 Coleman Street
#B1-10 

Retail Hours:
Monday to Friday 10:30 am to 7:30 pm 
(Last facial appointment at 7:00 pm)
Sat 10 am to 6 pm
(Last facial appointment at 6:30 pm)
Closed on Sundays and PH

Contact Details:
Phone +65 6337 6411
tellme@puretincture.com

0 comments: