Navigation Menu

Zalora.sg: Are You Fashion-Ready For National Day?

It's the month of July and August is not too far away, and I'm not too sure about you but I'm getting pretty excited for National Day!

Every year, on August 9th, it's the one day where you can predict what Everyone else is going to wear: something red and white. And while, I love how patriotism is being expressed by everyone wearing our national colours... it can be quite boring and expected.

There are other colours and iconic representation of our National Spirit that we can base our OOTD for National Day. For starters, there is white but that will be too political...

So I look to nature and to Zalora.sg because they will be having a National Day sales in Singapore!
And here's what I came up with:



Did you know that the Vanda Miss Joaquim orchid was chosen for its vibrant colours, hardiness and resilience – qualities which reflect the Singapore spirit. Yup, on 15 April 1981, Vanda Miss Joaquim var. Agnes was designated as Singapore’s national flower to foster national pride and identity. 

So with that in mind, I created to 2 outfits that you can refer to for inspiration. I kept in mind that people who are going to dress up are most likely going to be out for NDP or out for a party.
So for those heading for NDP, I decided to pair something more for comfort and for the weather:

V Neck Cami - New Look
Side Pep Skirt - Jean Lauie
Moss Sandals - RUBI
Schoolgirl Satchel - Zalora

It's bound to get hot and humid, so your best bet would be to go with something light and sleeveless, so I've paired a cami with a beautiful iridescent purple skirt with sandals and a satchel to hold your valuables in!
While for those heading for a party, here's how you add glam to your style:

Claudia Cut Out Dress - Indikah
Snake Print Strappy Heels - Sidewalk
Croc Effect Sling Clutch - UNISA

Ok, I'm just going to state it now that I love this dress! It's playful and glam all at the same time, and it reflects all the colours of the orchid! Simply match this dress with a pair of heels and a clutch, I took things up at notch with the play of texture; the heels are of snake print while the clutch has a croc leather effect to bring out that wild side for a party~

And there you have it, my 2 cents on what other colour scheme we can wear on National Day besides the usual red & white!

What will you be wearing for 9th August?

This post has been brought to you by Zalora.sg, the largest online fashion retailer in Singapore that makes shopping fun and easy.

0 comments: