Navigation Menu

Cellnique Paramedical: Instant Calming Express Kit [Sponsored Review]

Hi Ladies!
I'm back with more skincare reviews this week!

First up, I got my Instant Calming Express Kit from Cellnique Paramedical at the start of January. In my Express Kit, I received the D’sensi Calming Essence and Intensive Soothing & Hydrating Masque based on my results from doing a skin consultation guide.

I was sent this kit because my main skin concerns are my hyper sensitive skin and I want to lighten pigmentation. This “Instant Calming” Express Kit is good for sensitive and delicate skin, and is stated to instantly cool and refresh the skin, promote cell healing, and provide immediate soothing relief to redness, itchy and stinging caused by external aggressors and breakouts.


And after analyzing my skin care routine by their skin professionals, I was suggested to use the followings for my skincare regimen:

Day time:
Oskia Perfect Cleanser
Origins Original Serum
Origins CC Cream

Night time:
Make Up Remover
Oskia Perfect Cleanser
Cellnique’s Intensive Soothing and Hydrating Masque (apply thick layer once a week. Wait until semi-dry, then rinse off)
Cellnique’s D’sensi Calming Essence (use continuously 2 -3 days a week. 3 – 5 drops tapping on whole face)
Physiogel Daily Moisture Therapy
Origins Clay Masque


After reviewing these 2 products, here's my review!

VERDICT

D'sensi Calming Essence

Made for extremely sensitive and delicate skin, D’sensi Calming Essence provides immediate soothing relief to redness, itching and stinging caused by external aggressors and breakouts. Botanical anti-oxidants are infused to defend skin from premature aging.

To Use:
Use day and night after cleanser, toner and eye care.
Apply to face and neck evenly in up and outward circular movements.


Texture: Purplish liquid serum that doesn't stain the skin, feels slightly sticky on skin after being absorbed


Smell: Slight floral scent

Benefits:
  • Intensive care for extremely sensitive and delicate skin
  • Soothe skin irritations, redness, and itchiness instantly
  • Reduce skin inflammation
  • Reduce free radical damaging to skin
  • Free from colorant, alcohol and fragrance.
Ingredients:
Butylene Glycol, Purified Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Beefsteak (Perilla ocymoides) Leaf Extract, Propylene Glycol, Chamomile (Anthemis nobilis) Flower Extract, Methyl Gluceth-20, PEG-35 Castor Oil, Pentylene Glycol, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Sodium Guaiazulene Sulfonate, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Tea (Camellia sinensis) Leaf Extract, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Product Rating: 3/10

Sadly, I didn't note any difference after use. My skin was still breaking out and there isn't a noticeable improvement, I didn't like how the serum felt sticky on my skin after application too. Ingredient-wise, I don't like that it contains parabens, which are commonly used for their anti-fungal and preservative properties. And even though these ingredients are at the bottom of the ingredient list and they are regarded safe when used in small amounts, I would still prefer to avoid parabens if I can.

Intensive Soothing & Hydrating Masque

An oil-free and rinse-free formula of wonderful skin moisturizing gel masque designed for all skin types. Skin becomes soft and moist after application.

To Use:
Use after cleanser & toner, once a week
Apply evenly on face & neck
Gently wipe off with wet cotton pads.

Texture: Gel mask

Smell: There is no noticeable scent

Benefits:
  • Promotes cell healing
  • Soothes sunburned, irritated or reddened skin
  • Reduces inflammatory reaction
  • Restores normal sensitivity threshold
  • Water binding helps retain and replenish moisture to the skin
Ingredients:
Purified Water (Aqua), Aloe Vera (Aloe barbadensis) Gel, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Carbomer, Collagen, Witch Hazel (Hamamelis virginiana) Extract, Horse Chesnut (Aesculus hippocastanum) Extract, Allantoin, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben

Product Rating: 7/10

I use this mask as instructed by the skin professionals, instead of wiping it off with wet cotton pads, I washed it off. And I found that I prefer washing it off because it leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth after without any stickiness.

After usage, I found that this mask really does help to hydrate the skin, to illustrate, I applied the mask on the back of my hand, left it on for 5 minutes before washing it off. Instantly, the skin looks smoother, hydrated and fairer!


It has a very very slight cooling sensation upon application, I keep it in the fridge to increase the cooling effect. I found the pump a little hard to use as sometimes, nothing comes out from it. I don't like the fact that it has parabens in this products too. However, that being said, there are a huge controversy surrounding the use and effects of parabens, I leave it to you to decide. The fact is that this mask really does deliver its claims of leaving my skin soft and moist.

0 comments: