Navigation Menu

Origins: Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin-Relief Micellar Cleanser & Mega-Bright Dark Spot Correcting Night Mask [Goodie Bag Review]

I feel so horrible for the amount of "blog debts" I have to clear after accounting for them recently during my MC period, as I try to will myself to heal my wounds up faster. It doesn't help that I have to take breaks between a few paragraphs because my wound hurts after a while.

That being said, this period of rest has given me the time to focus on clearing my backlogs. So without further ado, here's my review of Origins released product late last year:

Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin-Relief Micellar Cleanser
&
Mega-Bright Dark Spot Correcting Night Mask



Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin-Relief Micellar Cleanser

This is a no-rinse cleanser that gently removes pollution, makeup and impurities, and is clinically proven to unclog pores, hydrate skin and boost radiance. Without the need for water this innovative cleanser features Micellar Technology, in which tiny molecules called micelles act like magnets to grab onto and trap unwanted oil, pollution and dirt. Hence, impurities are easily lifted away and wiped off with a clean cotton pad, without irritating even sensitive skin. The new non-stripping cleanser can be used in place of a traditional cleanser to help the skin’s barrier fight against the effects of pollution while preventing redness and sensitivity caused by frequent cleansing.

This Micellar Cleanser is a soap-free, alcohol-free and oil-free formula, designed to promote skin’s resilience with the Mega-Mushroom collection key ingredients including Reishi, Chaga, Ginger and Turmeric. Upon application, rice bran extract, used for centuries in Traditional Chinese Medicine, helps neutralize the effects of hard tap water, which has a high mineral content. It grabs onto residual pollution left behind on the skin and neutralizes them so they cannot harm skin. Simultaneously, yeast berry ferment helps combat the effects of pollution while potent berries, popular in Native American culture as natural remedies, provide a powerful blend of anti-oxidants.

To Use:
Use throughout the day as desired to clean skin.

Step 1: Apply micellar water to cotton pad.
Step 2: Sweep over face, eyes and lips.
Step 3: Follow with your regimen.

VERDICT

Texture: Clear liquid that bubbles up when shaken

Smell: A blend of essentials, I can pick up the scent of orange and lavender the most.

Ingredients:

Benefits:

  • Gently removes away sebum, makeup and pollutants
  • Helps to unclog pores, hydrate skin and boost radiance
  • Helps support skin’s resilience against environmental irritants
  • Helps neutralize the effects of hard tap water
  • Prevents redness and sensitivity caused by frequent cleansing
  • Leaves skin totally refreshed, silky soft and completely, comfortably clean


Product Rating: 9.5/10
Overall, I really like this cleanser! This just moved its way up to the top as my favorite Micellar Cleanser. I used this on and off on days where I wake up later and have very little time to get ready. Just a cotton pad soaked with this, swiping it over my face, slap on my serum & sunscreen, makeup and tadaa~ Face of the day done.

But I put this to good use recently when it was rather challenging and tiring for me to wash my face with just one hand. To put its cleansing abilities to the test, I did a mini test on the back of my hand, I used a lip tint lipstick, the most oily BB cream I have, and the toughest eyeliner.

On first swipe, I did it on half of the back of my hand to compare. On the second swipe on wards, I sweep over the entire area until it looked like I removed everything. Then, I took a new cotton pad and did a sweep over the entire area to compare.

In the end, on that new cotton pad, it had a little discolouration of (what appeared to be) the BB cream. So I concluded that this cleanser does do what it states to do, but I will recommend sweeping your face twice to ensure a proper removal of your makeup.

I like the scent of this cleanser too, and I have had no issues with the formulation so far (which means no new breakouts). However, looking at the ingredient list, this cleanser might cause some to have a negative reaction if they have very sensitive skin or allergy to certain essential oil.

The only issue I have with this is that it leaves a very slight layer that some toners do, on the skin that I'm not fond of. But other than that, this is great for people on-the-go, travelling and even for those lazy days!

I have also used this to remove any last traces of makeup and it did manage to remove my mascara too.



Mega-Bright Dark Spot Correcting Night Mask

Boost resilience and radiance while you sleep with this luxuriously rich leave-on mask. Dr. Weil’s potent skin-brightening blend of vitamin-C rich rosa roxburghii plus mulberry, white peony, chestnut seed extract, and powerful hydrators dramatically help boost resilience, improve skintone damage, revive translucency, and fade dark spots. Skin awakens radiant, refreshed, and bright.

To Use:
Massage into skin nightly following serum

Texture: Cream-based mask

Smell: A blend of floral scents

Benefits:
  • Helps to boost skin's resilience
  • Visibly reverse skin tone damage
  • Revive skin's translucency and fade dark spots 
  • Leaves skin radiant, refreshed and bright

Ingredients:
water\aqua\eau, butylene glycol, isostearyl palmitate, cetyl ricinoleate, squalane, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, glycerin, ascorbyl glucoside, peg-100 stearate, cetyl alcohol, stearic acid, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil*, pelargonium graveolens flower oil*, cananga odorata flower oil*, eugenia caryophyllus (clove) bud oil*, rosa damascena flower oil*, jasminum officinale (jasmine) oil*, viola odorata flower/leaf extract, polianthes tuberosa extract, citronellol, geraniol, benzyl benzoate, hypnea musciformis (algae) extract, jasminum officinale (jasmine) flower wax, gellidiela acerosa (algae) extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract\extrait d'orge, prunus mume fruit extract, vitis vinifera (grape) fruit extract, morus nigra (mulberry) root extract, paeonia albiflora (peony) root extract, molasses extract\saccharum officinarum\extrait de mélasse, castanea sativa (chestnut) seed extract, scutellaria baicalensis root extract, perilla ocymoides leaf extract, hydrolyzed rice bran extract, rosa roxburghii fruit extract, salicylic acid, astrocaryum murumuru seed butter, phospholipids, cholesterol, glucosamine hcl, arginine, ethylhexylglycerin, sodium hyaluronate, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, trehalose, tromethamine, polysilicone-11, carbomer, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, hexylene glycol, sodium hydroxide, sodium phytate, phenoxyethanol.

Product Rating: 8/10
I'm not a fan of sleeping mask, because I'm generally a messy sleeper... Hahaha. I wake up with my hair all over my face most of the time. So using sleeping product means that I will only end up smearing it all over my pillow and hair. That's why I use this product a little differently, I use it on Sundays (my only free day of the week) when I get to stay home and apply this in the morning after I wake up and leave it on for as long as I can.

Overall, I got to say that it does appear to make my skin seem more radiant and brighter after use. It does seem to lighter blemish scars too but not much difference is noted for pigmentation like freckles and dark spots.

I'm not a fan of the texture of this mask because it can feel quite heavy in a climate like Singapore, but that's because I leave it on throughout the day... maybe the sensation isn't that bad if you can sleep with it.


Where to get these products?

At all Origins Store:
ION Orchard B3-55/56


BHG Bugis
Isetan Scotts 
Metro Paragon 
TANGS VivoCity 
Robinsons Raffles City 
Robinsons JEM 
Robinsons The Heeren

0 comments: