Navigation Menu

Firma Skin: Best Sellers of Firma Skin's Skincare Products [Sponsored Review]

I'm back with another Firma Skin review to end off my collaboration with them.
For this post, I'll be focusing on their skincare product range.


Firma Skin uses their own product range for their facial services too, and I have always been curious about them. It's been a pleasure collaborating with them, and as always, I will hold true to my experiences for my review. So without further ado, keep on reading for my verdict!

Brightening Enzyme Wash



Gentle enough for daily use, this wash contains Papaya Enzyme and Coenzyme Q10 to help unclog pores and remove dead skin cells. Alternate it with your regular cleanser for a softer, brighter and glowing complexion.


To Use:

Disperse a small amount onto wet hands. Lather and apply over dampened face and neck avoiding the eye area. Massage gently, rinse with warm water and pat dry.

Texture: Powder that foams up once it comes into contact with water

Smell: Light floral scent, pleasant scent

Ingredients:
Papain, Ascorbic Acid, Betaine, Arbutin

Cost: $30

Product Rating: 6/10
As a cleanser, this does its job but I would not rave over it. I didn't notice much improvement in terms of unclogging my pores or removing dead skin cells. 

I use this as a general cleanser for night time as a double cleanse after removing my makeup. I like the scent of it and the fun I have each time I work the powder into a foam.

I find that it does leave my skin feeling slightly dry after use.



Vitamin B5 Serum

Enriched with Vitamin B5 known to help tissue repair, this fast absorbing, oil and dye free, non-fragranced serum contains Hyaluronic Acid and Snail Secretion Filtrate to moisturise and replenish nutrients the skin needs to feel smooth and appear younger.

To Use:
Gently massage 2-3 pumps with circular motion onto the face, neck and chest in the morning and evening after cleansing and toning.

Texture: thick serum consistency

Smell: almost scent-free, because if I smell hard enough, it seems to have a faint floral scent

Ingredients:
Hyaluronic Acid, Snail Secretion Filtrate, Panthenol, Ethyl Ascorbyl Ether

Cost: $ 60.00

Product Rating: 10/10
My favorite product out of the entire range, I like how it doesn't have any scent and how it doesn't seem to leave my skin feeling sticky or heavy after use. 

I like how it feels like it helps to rehydrate my skin and how fast my skin absorbs this serum after spreading it out.

Skin Energising Cream

Left: Serum, Right: Cream after spreading them out.
This cream rejuvenates and energises dull and tired skin. Enriched with Vitamin C and Coenzyme Q10, these powerful antioxidants strengthen skin and help it regain its natural radiance and luminosity.

To Use:
Gently massage 1-2 pumps with circular motion onto face and neck avoiding the eye area in the morning and evening after cleansing and toning.

Texture: Cream consistency

Smell: Almost scent-free, it has that typical cream smell to it with a faint hint of sourness.

Ingredients:
Ethyl Ascorbyl Ether, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Niacinamide, Ubiquinone
Cost: $ 62.00

Product Rating: 7/10
I'm not a fan of how this cream feels like on my skin, I find that it leaves a sticky and slight heavy sensation on my skin. I concur that it might be too rich for my skin type for the day. I use it for night time now and noticed that I do have a few breakouts from time to time with the use of this cream.

However, I cannot deny that it does help to keep my skin moisturized and does seem to help repair my skin after my sunburn period.

Daily Sun Protection SPF100++ Broad Spectrum


More than sun protection, this ultra light, fast absorbing sunblock has added powerful antioxidants to help defend skin cells. Its breakthrough technology shields against UVA and UVB rays with SPF100++ broad spectrum and protects your skin even at the cellular level.

To Use:
Generously apply to the face and neck 30 minutes before exposure to the sun after cleansing and toning daily. For prolonged exposure, it is advisable to re-apply the product every 1 to 2 hours.

Texture: Cream consistency with a white hue

Smell: cream scent with a faint scent of what I assume to be, green tea

Ingredients:
Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract
Cost: $ 60.00

Product Rating: 8/10
I like the fact that this sunscreen is made with Titanium Dioxide, making it a physical/mineral sunscreen rather than a chemical based.

However, that means that this sunscreen will leave the skin looking oddly pale due to the whitish hue that physical sunscreen has. This is actually a "good" factor because it goes to show that the Titanium Dioxide used is in non-nano particle (Titanium Dioxide in nano-particle form can penetrate the skin, which is not something that you want). So in a way, that white film you see is what is coating your skin and reflecting the harmful rays of the sun. So big points are given for that fact alone.
As for the sensation of the product on the skin, that's where points are lost. I can't stand the heaviness/ sticky sensation this sunscreen leaves on my face. It makes it hard for makeup to stay on too because of its creamy texture. At the moment, I combat that by powdering my face with a light loose powder after. 

Ultimately, as a sunscreen, I believe this product does its job well in sun protection coverage which is why I am still using it. A note to users is to note that SPF 100 does not mean that re-application is not needed. Click here to read more about what to avoid in sunscreen products.

Where To Purchase?
All the products mentioned in this post can be found here!

0 comments: