Navigation Menu

Sushi Delivery Singapore: Get sushi right at your doorstep [Sponsored Review]

Recently, I collaborated with Best in Singapore to bring you this post on Sushi Delivery Singapore and my experience with their food! For the Top 5 Best Online Sushi delivery services in Singapore 2020, do check out Best In Singapore's post!

Focusing on a pure delivery model, Sushi Delivery is said to be the king of delivering sushi in Singapore with their quick, painless and customer-oriented delivery service. 

ORDERING PROCESS

For this review, I didn't go through with the ordering process because the food were already set for me. However, to go through this process myself, I ordered lunch on a separate day and I found to be quick, easy and simple.

Just a few clicks on their website and you will have to input in your personal details as with all online order!

DELIVERY PROCESS

For this review, I chose 12- 2pm for delivery time and I'm surprised by how punctual they are. For the lunch that I ordered, delivery fee is fixed at $5.90 and the food came around 30 minutes after I ordered!

They pride themselves on their delivery ability that, in the unlikely event, your sushi arrives 60 minutes past the selected time slot, Sushi Delivery will offer you $10 off for your next order with them. 

 Additionally, to check on your delivery status after you order, you can drop Sushi Delivery a whatsapp message to ease your delivery concerns. 



FOOD

For this review, a total of 8 dishes were sent to my home in takeaway containers and  they arrived warmed for the hot dishes and cold with ice pad for the cold dish. Continue reading for my food review!


1. California Maki (8pcs) $10.90


A generous serving of sweet kani (crab) stick, crunchy Japanese cucumber, sweet tamago and crab stick are wrapped in nori and sushi rice and coated with a generous serving of savoury sweet tobiko. Japanese mayonnaise adds a touch of extra creaminess to this sushi roll.


Thoughts on this dish: The tobiki seems fresh, the crab stick is pretty plumped, the tamago was nicely seasoned and the cucumber is fresh and crunchy. 

My dad licked the tobiko off the lid, while I enjoyed this California Maki with the popping of the tobiko as I chew. My mum also commented that this was one of her favourite out of the whole selection.

Will I re-order: Yes!


2. Kappa Maki (1 Roll) (Vegan) $3.90


Japanese cucumber wrapped in sushi rice and nori (seaweed)

Thoughts on this dish: I expected more of this because it's such a simple sushi to prepare. One of the pieces had half a cucumber (I believe it's the end of the roll), and the pieces are not evenly cut because some are a little shorter than others.
 
Will I re-order: Nope, for its price point and the fact that it was done to near perfection for a simple sushi... I won't order this at $3.90 unless some improvements are made. Considering that this is something a vegetarian would order, I think it could be improved with a more generous cut of cucumber and rice. I also wish they have more selection for vegetarian.

3. Chuka Kurage $4.67, now $4

Kurage (jellyfish) served with a white radish garnish.

Thoughts on this dish: Sliced jellyfish is one of my favourite dishes from my childhood because of its texture. 

I like that this tasted fresh and it was nicely seasoned. It wasn't too salty or spicy so it's easy to eat this on it's own. My dad commented that this is one of his favourite out of the whole selection too.

Will I re-order: Yes!

4. Kani Salad $8.30, now $6.90


A fresh mix of kani (crab) stick, cherry tomatoes, capsicums and lettuce are dressed in a goma (sesame) sauce and finished with a tobiko (roe) topping.

Thoughts on this dish: There's a generous amount of crab stick in this salad and the tobiko gives the salad a nice texture. My only area for improvement for this dish is a consideration to have the salad dressing separated from the bowl because the salt content in the dressing affects the freshness of the vegetables. 

I would also like to point out that there's celery in this salad so for people who don't like celery, take note. My family is perfectly fine with all types of vegetables so we enjoyed this.

Will I re-order: Maybe, if I can get the option to have the salad sauce separated.


5. Shrimp Crouton (5pcs) $4.90 &
6. Tako Yaki (5pcs) $4.90


Crouton coated shrimp deep fried to a golden perfection!

Thoughts on this dish: I was expecting to find shrimps in it but I believe it's minced up instead, would be nice to have a shrimp bit in it. I like that it isn't oily and it's nicely seasoned.

Will I re-order: Yes.

Griddle fried takoyaki with a generous octopus filling drizzled on top with Japanese mayonnaise!

Thoughts on this dish: Unfortunately, I had better takoyaki than this so I am disappointed with this serving. I didn't find the octopus filling generous enough in size.

Will I re-order: No.

7. Yam Net Sponge Roll (5pcs) $5.90


Yam net spring roll deep fried to perfection and drizzled on top with Japanese mayonnaise!

Thoughts on this dish: It's such a pretty dish with its bright purple shade, this was more like a dessert than a savory dish. The texture was a little bit flat after delivery, so I popped it into a mini toaster and I think it improved the crunchiness a little bit. The mayonnaise came in a separated container, which we didn't add, because we like the way it was and it tasted sweet. My mum like this.

Will I re-order: Yes, but mainly for my mum.







8. Chicken Karaage Set Bento $14, now $10.90


Tender deep fried chicken karaage served with a side salad. Japanese pickles and sushi rice topped with furikake.


Thoughts on this dish: It looks really good and on a whole, it would be a perfect set for a meal. Unfortunately, the chicken was a little too salty and overcooked. 

Will I re-order: No, but I might try out the other Bento Set.

And with that, I end my food review here for more best offerings in Singapore to discover, do follow Best in Singapore for their recommendations:

This review is sponsored, but reviews are based solely on user's experience and are in not way influenced by any other factors.

0 comments: