Navigation Menu

Before the start of Lunar New Year

Ever since last December, life has been a little bit more challenging... I saw the world in colours of blue, black, green and red.

“She felt worthless and hollow. There was no hope of fixing this.
And when hope is gone, time is punishment.”
― Mitch AlbomThe Time Keeper


I have done things I am not exactly sure that I can be proud of but it was something I had and wanted to do at the moment.

“But a desperate heart will seduce the mind.” 


I have been trying my best to get myself out, doing things to try to occupy my mind... but then I realised that sometimes, it's better not to try and just let time work its magic.

Everything man does today to be efficient, to fill the hour? It does not satisfy. It only makes him hungry to do more. Man wants to own his existence. But no one owns time. When you are measuring life, you are not living it.” 

I was trying to reason things... I was trying to forget... I was trying to understand why.

“I made such a fool of myself,” she lamented.
“Love does not make you a fool.”

“He didn’t love me back.”

“That does not make you a fool, either.”

“Just tell me …” Her voice cracked. “When does it stop hurting?”

“Sometimes never.” 



#AboutTime #RichardCurtis

“He cried that night for all that he had lost, but he would say it taught him a valuable lesson: that holding on to things will only break your heart.” 
― Mitch AlbomThe Time Keeper


I was trying to manage everything on my own: Life, Love, Career... But then, unlucky us, lucky me... I found people on the same boat as me and things became a little easier.

“When we are most alone is when we embrace another's loneliness.” 



In my darkest period, I found a little guidance from 2 sources... One in the form of a movie and another in the form of written words. A good watch and a good read :) In a way, these 2 helped me realise what living is for and what I should truly focus on.

“We all yearn for what we have lost. But sometimes, we forget what we have.” 

In the end, if I want to know the end of my story... all I can do is to wait for that final moment, while in the mean time:


domhnall gleeson rachel mcadams gif


“What you have done to this point cannot be undone. What you do next... It is still unwritten.” 
― Mitch AlbomThe Time Keeper

~~~

In my attempt to get back onto my feet, I started my 100 Happy Days challenge.
To be honest, on some days, it is a little challenging. Especially when something sets me back a step, and my mind goes to that dark place where nothing seems right.

If it wasn't for the people who really truly care for me and who would sincerely do things in their power to show their support and love, I would quite possibly still be dragging my arms along the floor.

In a way, this 100 Happy Days challenge has helped me realise to take a moment to reflect on my day and to remember what I have... to live for not only myself but for these people in my life who truly do matter to me.

2013, you brought me very interesting life experiences, taught me hard life lessons, showed me who really loves me and what really matters in my life.

2014, let's make some real changes in my journey to make my life worthwhile :)

Follow my 100 Happy Days Challenge here on my Instagram:
Jodulu

0 comments: