Navigation Menu

Nature Skincare: Jojoba Oil



It's been awhile since I last blogged about something beauty related and today seems like a good time to share a little secret of mine.

I have been using oil in my beauty routine for awhile now.

It started with finding out about deep oil cleansing, where oil (almond/ extra virgin oil) is used to draw out impurities in your pores and to "melt" away makeup. I still use this method from time to time, but only to remove super thick makeup (usually after shows/ photoshoots) or when I feel bumps of blackheads and I will do a double cleanse with a cleanser after this method.


~~~

On normal occasion, after cleansing my skin... I use Jojoba oil on my face as a night moisturizer. Ever since I started my journey down this natural and organic path, I have been trying to stay clear from using products that contains chemicals that I dont understand. So far, it's been doing pretty well :)


Jojoba Oil closely resembles that of your own skin sebum, making it an excellent moisturizer and ideal for all skin types. It’s antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, hypoallergenic, non-toxic and non-comedogenic. All of which sounds ideal for my skin. 

To use:



Personally, I use about a drop or two of the oil for my entire face and down my neck.



I still do get a few breakouts from time to time but compared to my past skin history, I have seen an improvement! It might be psychological but it works wonder for me :)


Displaying photo.JPG

If you do use this method, do let me know if it works for you too:)
If you are keen to try it out, dont be shy to share with me on your progress ;)

Until Next Time,
Jody Liu

0 comments: