Navigation Menu

Crème Simon: Micellar Water Makeup Remover & Dermo-Hydrating Toner Mist [Sponsored Review]


Make-up begone! Go back to basics with our water-based no-rinse make-up remover that gently and thoroughly lifts away all impurities and makeup, including waterproof makeup. Pure and refreshing, with no oily after-feel.







To Use:
Apply and cleanse over face and eye areas with cotton pad.
No rinsing.













Texture: Liquid, non-greasy



Smell: Light sweet floral scent

Ingredients:

Aqua (Water), Propanediol, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate, Glycerin, Sodium Citrate, Pentylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Bromide, Citric Acid, Parfum (Fragrance)*, Hydrolyzed Wheat Flour, Iris Pallida Leaf Cell Extract, Jasminum Sambac (Jasmine) Leaf Cell Extract, Rosa Damascena Leaf Cell Extract, Linalool

Over 90% natural ingredients*

Benefits:
  • Combines the cleansing action of oil micelles and water  to breakdown the chemical structures that trap impurities and make-up (Advanced Micellar Technology)
  • Contains exclusive botanical elixir of 7 flowers and plants to brighten skin
  • Oxygenate and promote CO2 and toxin elimination for luminosity and clarity (Rose, Iris, and Jasmine extracts)
  • Boosts brightening by reducing skin pigmentation (Wheat Oligosaccharides Complex)
  • Oil-free
  • Paraben free
  • Silicone free.
  • Specially formulated for Asian skin.

Cost: $55 for 150ml

Product Rating: 9/10

I was really looking forward to use this product because I have been looking for a new makeup remover.  Micellar water makeup remover products have been in the market for awhile now and how these products would is essentially like soapy water without the harsh factor to breakdown the repulsion between oil and water (removing makeup).

I have been trying a bunch of  similar makeup remover in the market and while I like that they are generally gentle to the skin and blow the trumpet of "No rinsing needed", I use them mainly because they are generally gentle to the eyes and good for sensitive skin. However, they are not very effective at removing mascara.

When Crème Simon's Micellar Water Makeup Remover claims to be able to remove waterproof makeup, I was excited. So I went around and put it to the test, and yup~ This stuff works even for my waterproof mascara. However, I do need to state that it requires at least a minimum of 2 cotton pads moistened with this remover to do a clean and through job. That's not too bad when I compare this with the other leading brands in the market in terms of its makeup removal abilities. As for its value, this product ranges towards that higher range at $55 for 150ml which is quite costly...

Besides that, I love that it is free from the icky stuff like parabens but as for the claims of having a brightening and detoxifying effect, there is no significant difference for me to witness that. This makeup remover does leave my skin feeling comfortable (ie no tightness or burning sensation) but it does feel a little sticky so I prefer rinsing it off with a cleanser after removing my makeup. Double cleansing is always good after having makeup on for a long duration of time!





Freshen up! Our light refreshing and hydrating mist removes last traces of make-up and impurities, for a lovely clean and dewy skin without sticky after-feel. Sprayed on hair and body, it has a delightful, delicate scent.



To Use:

Toner: Spray on cotton pad to cleanse face.

Hydrating mist: Spray liberally over face, neck and body.

Set makeup: Mist face at arm's length.

Texture: Liquid

Smell: Light sweet floral scent

Ingredients:

Aqua (water), peg-6 caprylic/capric glycerides, pentylene glycol, glycerin, sodium citrate, ethyl lauroyl arginate hcl, parfum (fragrance)*, citric acid, hydrolyzed wheat flour, iris pallida leaf cell extract, jasminum sambac (jasmine) leaf cell extract, rosa damascena leaf cell extract, linalool, benzyl salicylate, coumarin, limonene.

Benefits:

  • Removes last traces of make-up and impurities as a toner
  • Can be used to set makeup
  • Leaves skin clean and dewy without sticky after-feel 
  • Multiple uses: Can be used on face, hair and body


Cost: $55 for 150ml
Product Rating: 7.5/10

I give this thumbs up for its multiple uses, and it works at providing hydration because of the ingredients in this product. However, I am not a big fan of this product. Personally, I prefer toner that consist of  simpler natural ingredients. I find that this toner takes awhile (about 5 minutes) to be absorbed into the skin completely for the after-feel to be non-sticky... which is too long a time for me. That is a big no-no for me.

That being said, this toner does work well at removing excess dirt, grime or makeup on my face and I do use this when I want a little bit more hydration going to prep my skin for a long day of makeup. I will also use this on my hair to reduce frizz and to freshen up.

That's all for this review, I will be touching on the moisturizer and serum in my next review post for Crème Simon! Remember that you can get 10% discount off when you shop online at Crème Simon and simply quote "5GHYJXD" when you are making your payment!

0 comments: