Navigation Menu

Human Nature: Overnight Elixir [Sponsored Review]

It's no secret now that I am a frequent consumer of Human Nature Singapore,
that not only supports a social cause but also takes the environment into consideration through their products.



I have been requested to review one of their popular product, the Overnight Elixir. I have been using it for a few weeks now and here's my verdict.



To Use:

Use every night after cleansing and toning. Apply four drops of the serum with the dropper and, using your middle and ring fingers, massage onto face in gentle, upward strokes. 
For more intense moisturization, apply your night moisturizer after.


VERDICT


Texture: Light oil, absorbs into skin well and quickly. Leaves a thin and light layer on skin after application. Consistency of oil is lighter than their Sunflower Beauty Oil.


Ingredients:
Caprylic/capric triglyceride (coconut-derived), Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, Rosa canina (rosehip) oil, Passiflora edulis (passion fruit) oil, Glycine soja (soybean) oil, diheptyl succinate, capryloyl glycerin/sebacic acid copolymer, Persea gratissima (avocado) oil, olus (vegetable) oil, tocopherol (vitamin E), fragrance (rose-derived), glyceryl caprylate (coconut, palm and glycerin-derived), Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) essential oil, farnesol, linalool, Canarium luzonicum (elemi) essential oil, Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) essential oil

Benefits:
Helps lighten the skin due to its high linoleic acid content [Sunflower Seed Oil]
Rich in Vitamin A that helps in regeneration and slowing down premature ageing [Rosehip Oil]
Rich in Vitamin C that helps brighten the skin and makes it glow [Rosehip Oil & Passion Fruit Seed Oil]
Rich in essential fatty acids for healthy skin cells that promote hydration [Passion Fruit Seed Oil]
Has anti-microbial and antibacterial properties that help protect skin and keep it clear [Elemi Oil]
Helps soften and moisturize skin [Soybean Oil]
Has a soothing, relaxing scent that also contributes to skin softness and moisturization [Lavender Oil]
Contains one of the most powerful and potent anti-oxidants that help fight photo ageing [Natural Vitamin E]
Rich in vitamins, minerals, proteins, lecithin and fatty acids [Avocado Oil]
Contains an anti-oxidant that has an uplifting scent to help relax the senses [Rosemary Oil]

Smell: It's a mixture of scents from the oils in it, but the smell of lavender is the most prominent to my nose!

Cost: $59.90 (Special Promotional Price at $35.95 now!)

Product Rating: 6/10

I'm an avid user of natural oils like Jojoba and even rosehip oil, so I have no qualms about applying oil on my face or the "oily" sensation of it that some people might not like.

However, you dont have to worry about having that "oily" sensation with Human Nature's Overnight Elixir. Because not only is it light, it absorbs really well into the skin, leaving a similar sensation to that of a moisturizer. The only difference is that this is made up of 100% natural ingredients!

As for the effects that the benefits state, I did not wake up to a glowing radiant skin or witness a drastic improvement of my scars and blemishes. It did left my skin moisturised and I absolutely love the smell of this but I was honestly disappointed that it didnt do magic on my skin! Perhaps, there were too many different oils in it for my skin to like it... because I do experience that overnight miracle if I were to use just one type of oil on my face. I also find it a little pricey if that's all I am getting out from it, but with the promotion going on... it's more worth it! So, now is a good time to get it if you are keen on testing it out yourself!

There are other reviews that raved about the effectiveness of this product and the owner of Human Nature Singapore, loves this product herself. So, as with most skincare products, it is very objective and varies a lot from individual.

0 comments: