Navigation Menu

JBL Charge2+: Perfect for Singapore's Weather

3 week ago, I was invited to an event hosted by IMS Marketing, the Singapore distributor of leading audio brands, JBL, Harman Kardon and AKG to learn more about their audio products and the company.

It was a first for me, attending a "Tech" event and I was looking forward to it. I was drawn into the event because I love music. There's no denying in the simple fact that music affects our mood and I'm constantly on my earphones listening to tracks when I'm on the move unless I'm not alone (because that would be rude).

To be honest, when I was attending the event, I was having a medical condition with my right ear... Apparently, because of my sinus, my ear way was blocked with fluids from my nose (yes, it sounds gross) so while I could still hear with my left ear, I didn't take any photos wearing any headphones or earphones because that would be very inconsiderate. But one of them caught my eye and it is none other than the N90Q.


Under the brand that is all about "sounds that release the creative spirit", AKG, this N90Q headphone is really a kind of its own. Built with TruNote auto calibration and active noise cancelling technologies, this headphone scans the structure of your ears to calibrate and adjust the volume settings to deliver the prefect sound quality ever!  How awesome is that!

As one of the lucky social media influencers invited to the event, I got to bring home with me a specially selected audio product by IMS Marketing to test out and review. And I got the JBL Charge2+ Portable Bluetooth Speaker that is part of JBL Smart Series 3! 


These colourful "can-like" speakers caught my eyes when I had a look at their product range, and they turn out as wonderful as they look!

So what is JBL Charge 2+?

To put it into simple terms:
It is a Bluetooth speaker an a portable charger that have been designed to be splashproof with JBL Bass Radiators, making them the perfect accessory for a party!


Charge 2+ also comes with a built-in noise and echo cancelling speakerphone so you can take calls with no compromises on sound or speech. Plus, it has a Social Mode that allows you to connect to up to 3 other JBL speakers to amplify the sound and play music from different playlists.



Powered by a 6000mAh batter, this speaker can last a playtime of 12 hours and charge all your devices, like your smartphone or tablet, via USB.


VERDICT

Build & Design:
Cylindrical in shape, has a silicone shielding and mini protruding bumps at the base and side so it can be positioned horizontally or vertically. Weighs at 600g.

Dimension: 
H/W/D of 7.9 x 18.52 x 7.9 cm

Quality of Sound:
Ok, I know nuts about specs so I'm just going to give my verdict based on what my ears hear. This speaker works great for a living room environment, it's a little weaker for an open space area with more noise pollution but I think it has a really decent sound quality for the size of it. 

I like how I can hear and feel the bass of a song without that fuzzy noise that some speakers emits, unless you crank it up to the highest volume range.

Features:
It is splashproof, so it can withstand rain and water play. During the event, the Director of Product Planning & Strategy, poured water onto the sides to illustrate the bass and splashproof capabilities. That's enough proof for me to conclude that this speaker is great for someone like me who is careless enough to spill water onto my laptop. I now have 1 less thing to worry about getting soaked. Haha!

Not only that, it functions as a portable charger too! So while some may think it's too heavy compared to other speakers. I have no issues with its weight because to me, it's a 2-in-1 product. So I get to bring out one less thing (my portable charger) for a party when I carry this speaker out!

Plus because of its playtime capabilities, I know that I have enough "juice" to last me a whole day out!

Cost: $279

Cons:

  • It is a little slow when connecting to my phone via bluetooth.
  • It is not scratchproof, I have a few scratches on it already.
  • The sound does get a little scratchy and distorted if it's at full blast.

Pros:

  • It's splashproof, enuff said.
  • It functions as a portable speaker and charger.
  • Great sound quality, and fills a sizeable area up and bass can be heard, felt and seen.
  • It has a Social Mode that allows you to cover a bigger area or amp up the sound with other JBL speakers with the social mode. It allows you to pick up and answer calls with no compromise of sound quality.
  • It has a pretty long battery life.

0 comments: