Navigation Menu

BEVY C. Skincare: Pre-makeup Lumiwhite Collection [Sponsored Review]

Late last year, I was invited to do a review on a series of products from a brand that is very popular in Southeast Asia and it has even been featured in 女人我最大.

This brand is none other than BEVY C.

What is BEVY C.?

BEVY C. is a skincare products in Taiwan, well known for their pre-make up skin care series with a focus on skin nourishment and protection before makeup!

BEVY C. has focused product research in 3 areas:
  1. Skin in endurance of wearing long-term makeup
  2. Essential skincare for pre-makeup
  3. Creating perfect and long lasting makeup
I was invited to review their bestsellers pre-make up Lumiwhite collection that focuses on skin care before makeup. 

"It is like oil painting, you cannot paint beautifully with your paint brush without sufficient water sprayed on your canvas."

BEVY C.'s Lumiwhite collection focuses on skincare, and is suitable to use even if one does not wear makeup. So with that being said, here's my verdict after a month of usage!

VERDICT

Lumiwhite Moist Up Lotion

TO USE:
Use daily after BEVY C. Cleanser, apply proper amount (2-3 pumps) to face and massage thoroughly OR
Soak cotton pads with proper amount of lotion and place them on dry areas of the face as a facial mask for 3-5 minutes.


Texture: Comes out of the bottle like a light serum, but spreads like water. Leaves skin hydrated with a matte finish.

Smell: Light scent of chamomile and rose

Benefits:
  • Long lasting moisturizing effect
  • Leaves skin looking luminous
Ingredients:
Aqua, 1,3-Propanediol, Honey Extract, Aloe Vera, Rose Extract, Chamomile Extract, Algae Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Carbopol, Witch Hazel Extract, Pentavitin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Coceth-7, PPG-1-PEG-9 Lauryl Glycol Ether and PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil.

Cost: US $30 for 100ml

Product Rating: 10/10 
I got nothing bad to say about this product, it does what it claims to do. It does help to keep my skin hydrated and while it dries off matte, my skin seems to look luminous. I like the scent of it and how, once fully absorbed, it doesn't feel sticky at all. The bottle makes it easy and quick to use, and the ingredients overall are acceptable and beneficial.


Lumiwhite Moist Up Elixir for Eyes & Lips

TO USE:
Use daily after toner, apply proper amount (1 pump) around the eyes and onto the lips, massage gently.

Texture: Very light serum consistency. Does not leave a sticky feeling once fully absorbed.

Smell: Has a very very light sweet scent.

Benefits:
  • Improves and prevent fine lines and dark circles
  • Smooths and brightens lips
  • No preservatives added

Ingredients:
Aqua, Glycerin,Sugar Cane Extract, Pentylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate,Butylene Glycol, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Hydroxypropyl Guar, PEG/PPG/Polybutylene Glycol-8/5/3 Glycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Dipropylene Glycol, Willow Bark Extract, propylene Glycol.

Cost: US$30 for 15ml

Product Rating: 8/10
I didn't see any improvement to the fine lines around my eye areas or any fading to my dark circles after using it for a month. It could have been attributed to my constant late hours at work since the start of August, but I was honestly disappointed. I think there is no cure for my dark circles... However, I love how this elixir works on my lips. I would apply it to my lips before sleep and wake up to soft, non-flaky lips. I call them lips worthy of Price Charming's kiss. 

Lumiwhite Moist Up Elixir

TO USE:
Use daily after BEVY C. lotion, apply 2 pumps or as desired to face and massage thoroughly. Avoid delicate skin around the eyes and lips area.
OR
For a flawless look throughout the day, blend a drop with foundation and apply on as you would with makeup.

Texture: Has a slightly thicker consistency than their lotion.

Smell: Very light witch hazel scent

Benefits:
  • Enhance the protection of the skin 
  • Improve moisture retention of skin
  • Has moisturizing, long-lasting oil control and repairing effects
  • Results in luminous, clear complexion.
  • Helps to keep makeup on longer with the perfect glow and an oil-free result.
Ingredients:
Aqua, PEG-8, Butylene Glycol, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Witch Hazel Bark/Leaf/ Twig Extract, Glycerin, Subtilisin, Sodium PCA, Sodium Polyacrylate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Natto Gum, Chlorphenesin, Isoceteth-20, Zinc Phenolsulfonate, Retinyl Palmitate, Xantham Gum, Sodium Citrate, Fragrance, Ceramide 1,2,3,5,6ll & Hydrogenated Lecithin, Glycine Soja Sterols, Ceramide 2,3,6 & Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate.

Cost: US$50 for 35ml or US$30 for 15ml

Product Rating: 6/10
I had high expectations for this product, but it didn't deliver much for me. As a skincare product, I found that it didn't really help with oil control. 

As a makeup base, I tried mixing with with different types of base makeup: BB Cream, Foundation Stick and Foundation Powder. I realised that product with higher oil content has a harder time mixing with this Elixir. As for mineral foundation or foundation power, it was easy to blend but the coverage is very light.

 So, I went ahead with the BB Cream but I was a little skeptical because when I mixed it with my BB cream it doesn't seem to blend properly together too. And as I apply it onto my skin, it seem to cake up and it was quite challenging to blend it seamlessly. It was only after I removed the excess on my finger and try to blend it again then it gives me a smooth coverage. But it lasted me only a few hours before I noticed that my face was getting shiny again.

Lumiwhite Moist Up Emulsion

TO USE:
Use daily after BEVY C. Elixir, apply proper amount (1 pump or as desired) onto face, massage thoroughly till absorbed.

Texture: Light creamy consistency.

Smell: Same scent as the lotion, light scent of chamomile and rose.

Benefits:
  • Revitalise the skin with moisturizing, water boosting effect.
  • Nourishing for the skin
  • Results in luminous clear complexion
Ingredients:
Purified Water, 1-3 Butylene Glycol, Glycereth-7, Squalane, Lemon Extract, Orange Flower Water, Aloe Extract, Propylene Glycol Monostearate, Polyoxyethylene Glyceryl Monostearate, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Extract, Licorice Extract,Behenyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Prunus Domestica, Glycerin/ Dithiaoctanediol/Gluconic Acid/Sutilains/ Beta-Carotene, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract/ Mitracarpus Scaber Extract, Ceramide, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Propylene Glycol/ Diazolidinyl Urea/ Methyl Paraben/ Propyl Paraben, Fragrance.

Cost: US$30 for 100ml

Product Rating: 8/10
I like how hydrating this product is, it does deliver what it claims to do. It is much more moisturizing than the lotion and it does help to seal in the moisture from the lotion and elixir. My skin looks well hydrated after use without that super sticky sensation that rich creams leave. The only thing that I am quite bothered about is the presence of paraben in it. I shall leave it to you should you wish to use it but I understand that the paraben ingredients in this are anti-fungal preservatives.


CONCLUSION

Overall, I can see how and why this brand is so well-known in countries like Taiwan to be featured on TV. I am a big fan of their Lumiwhite Moist Up Lotion and I love using it as a facial mask lotion to help calm my skin and promote healing after a night worth of work. However, I feel like, maybe, this product isn't perfectly suited for our humid climate.

If you have tried this range of products before, do let me know your conclusion and how it works out for you!


Until then, stay gorgeous!

0 comments: