Navigation Menu

The Sample Store: Esemtan Wash Lotion and Skin Balm [Sponsored Review]

I'm back from my travels and it's all about product reviews now, but I promise to share more about my travel soon!

So before I was away, I was sent 2 body-care products to review from The Sample Store and they are from a German Brand, Esemtan. Now, when something skincare related from Germany enters through my door~ I sit up and have a closer look because I know that the Germans are really good at skincare stuff. They were the original creator of BB cream and I'm not talking about the yucky BB creams, I'm talking of the pure medical miracle stuff.

So anyway, I did my little research on the brand and it's interesting to note that even the hospitals here are using them. So, let's not delay any further and hope right into my review!

Esemtan Wash Lotion


Esemtan Wash Lotion is a gentle lathering, mildly soothing-scent opalescent green coloured wash. It is suitable for every use and everyone - for the whole body, face and hair, for all skin types, for the skin of babies and old people. Consisting of Allantoin, Esemtan Wash Lotion is pH neutral for the skin and soap free, and suitable for sensitive and stressed skin. 

This wash has also passed strict skin sensitivity tests and was approved by the International Fragrance Association (IFRA) that is dedicated to the safe use of fragrant chemicals, and essential oils in perfume and skincare. 


How To Use:
Shower: Can be used like soap or commercial shower lotions while taking shower 

Hand washing: Approx. 2-3ml Esemtan wash lotion to one palm, froth it by adding some water. Wash thoroughly, rinse & dry. 

Suitable for: All skin types, especially dehydrated, dry, & sensitive skin 


VERDICT

Texture: Foams up easily without stripping too much, leaves skin feeling cleansed but not tight or squeaky.

Scent: Smells like a men's perfume... I can't put a finger on it but it's quite pleasant.


Benefits:
  • For all skin types ,including baby & elderly skin.
  • Can be used on Hair, Face and Body 
  • Soap-free
  • pH neutral for skin
  • With mild fragrance and colouring with good skin tolerability
  • Contains Allantoin that reduces skin irritation and support skin’s natural moisture.

Ingredients:
Pure Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Lauryl Glucoside, Glycol Distearate, Stearamide MEA, Cocamide DEA, Allantoin, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, CI 42090, CI 47005, Benzyl Salicylate and Hexyl Cinnamal.

Cost: $19.75/500ml, $35.30/1L

Product Rating: 8/10
pH 6
I usually judge a product poorly when I see SLS in the ingredient list, but I dig a little deeper and overall, all the other ingredients aren't that bad. As for the claim that this wash is pH neutral for skin... I did a quick pH test and the result is pH6, so what do you know~ This wash is indeed pH neutral for the skin. In fact, it's the ideal pH level for the skin because it needs to be slightly acidic to protect against bacteria and germs. However, I would still caution people with extra sensitive skin to do a patch test before using this wash.

Esemtan Skin Balm


Esemtan Skin Balm provides the skin with oil and moisture, made suitable for daily hand and body care for all skin types.This balm penetrates deeply into the skin with oil-in water emulsion, and protects and prevents the skin from drying. Dermatologically tested to reduce skin irritation and itch, Esemtan Skin Balm also comes with mild soothing fragrance, to allow users with dry & sensitive skin to enjoy a soothing touch of fragrance.


 How To Use:
Apply to skin and rub in gently. Recommended to use daily, morning and evening after each wash. 

Suitable for: All skin types, especially dehydrated, dry, & sensitive skin 

VERDICT

Texture: Moisturizing without feeling sticky, takes a while to be absorbed.

Scent: Smells very similar to baby powder to me


Ingredients:
Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cetearyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Urea, Ceteareth-25, Ceteareth-6, Stearylalcohol, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool

Cost: $20/500ml

Product Rating: 6/10

Hmm, this is a tricky one because of the ingredients used. I see parabens and that raises my eyebrow, but on the other hand, it does seem to keep my skin moisturized. I'm not trained in all of this, my knowledge is based off google and there are contrasting reports on the various parabens and even Paraffinum Liquidum. So, use this Skin Balm at your own will and choice but I would suggest keeping and healing your skin the good old fashion way, jojoba oil. 

Where To Buy:
 Guardian, Unity, Watsons, Independent pharmacy (Pink beauty, Beauty essential), NHG




0 comments: