Navigation Menu

Pure Tincture: Pai Detox & Decongest Organic Facial [Sponsored Review]

Hi ladies!
What a month it has been huh?~
As February is coming to an end, I start looking for ways to help me overcome the post festive season starting with my face. All the late nights and early mornings, junk food, and alcohol have done some damages to my skin: dark circles, uneven skin tone and blemishes!

So it was very timely that Pure Tincture invited me back after my Sukispa Balancing Cosmeceutical Facial with Helen, to review another facial that would help with my post-festive skin:

 Pai Detox & Decongest Organic Facial

What is Pai Skincare and this facial treatment all about?

Pai is created for sensitive skin types, with products made from the purest natural ingredients with proven skin benefits, without any synthetics and irritants such as parabens, alcohol, or artificial fragrance.

Pai Detox & Decongest Organic Facial uses products from their brand and a skillful combination of lymphatic drainage and acupressure massage to purge the skin of toxins and promote a clear, calm and radiant complexion.

So to start off the facial, I got changed into the robes, got under the blanket and my aesthetician start the whole process in this sequence for my treatment:

STEPS


First Step: Aromatherapy
To begin the relaxing experience, my aesthetician used geranium essential oil and this moment to further assess the skin while I took 3 deep inhalation and relax.

Second Step: Makeup Removal & Cleansing
Then, my makeup was removed gently with a makeup remover on a cotton pad before having a double cleanse with Pai Camellia & Rose Hydrating Cleansing Cream Cleanser. I love how this cleanser smell!

Third Step: Exfoliation
After cleansing, it was time to exfoliate with Pai Kukui & Jojoba Bead Skin Brightening Exfoliator. This step is accompanied with steaming. I love how the scrub uses jojoba beads to aid in removing dead skin cells, and the heat from the steam helps to slowly melt the beads and exotic oils in the exfoliator into the skin. Lip balm was also applied on lips while steaming.


Forth Step: Extraction (Optional)
After steaming, the moisture is wiped off with Pai Rice Plant and Rosemary BioAffinity Tonic, I was told that this tonic is a toner that helps to rebalance the skin's pH and prevent breakouts. Then, extraction is done, but you can opt it out if you prefer not to have it or if your skin's condition is not recommended to do extraction. I did it because I had heaps of blackheads and whiteheads that needed to be extracted.

Fifth Step: Lymphatic & acupressure points massage
After extraction, I have a swipe of the toner all over my face again before the massage was done. I noted that the style of the massage varied from the other facial massage I received previously, the strokes are quite gentle and soothing, and are focused at the lymphatic nodes and acupressure points on the face, neck, shoulders and arms.


Sixth Step: Detox mask
After the massage, the toner was used again to remove the massage oil and to prep the skin for the mask. The mask used for this treatment ultilizes the benefits of Himanthalia Sea Algae that contains strong sebum-balancing complex and Ghassoul clay that helps to draw out impurities while infusing the skin with nutrients. It was left on for 10min before removal with a hot towel placed over the face for a few seconds to loosen the mask, and a moisten hand to soften the mask and a wet towel to wipe everything off.

Last Step: Head & Shoulder Massage
To end the whole facial experience, the treatment ended off with a head and shoulder massage to bring me back to the present and refresh my senses.

VERDICT

Duration: Approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes

Cost: $180

Effectiveness: Before this facial, my skin was full of tiny blemishes due to my work environment and the festive period (and improper lifestyle habits) with some redness on the cheek area. After treatment, my skin felt clearer, looks more radiant and is calmer. I did have a few spots that turned into pimples the next day but that is normal, and is part of the post-extraction process and detoxificaion.

Before: Taken before facial. After: Taken next morning.
Overall, as you can see from the images, there is an improvement to my skin tone and texture. And as usual, the facial left me feeling destressed, relaxed and very zen. I was also given a few satchels of Pai Skincare samples to take home and use for the next few days after treatment because my skin was just in a horrible state and it needed more TLC. So if you are in need of some relaxing, detoxing and effective facial, why not give Pure Tincture a try? I'm a fan!

Where Can You Find Pure Tincture?



The Adephi, 1 Coleman Street
#B1-10 Singapore 179803
OR
68 Tras Street #02-01 Singapore 079007
(5 minutes walk from Tanjong Pagar MRT Exit A)

Retail Hours At The Adephi:
11:00 - 8:00 pm (Close on Sunday & Public Holidays)
Treatments Hours: 
Monday to Friday Last facial appointment at 7 p.m
Saturday Last facial appointment at 4:30 pm

Retail Hours At Tras Street: 
11:00 - 8:00 pm (Close on Wednesday, Alternate Sunday, Public Holidays)
Treatments Hours:
Monday to Saturday Last facial appointment at 7 p.m
Sunday Last facial appointment at 4 pm

Contact Details:
Phone 6337 6411 (Adephi) / 6222 0267 (Tras)
tellme@puretincture.com